All about poker and Gaming for free... Free poker Articles and TIPS

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poker Odds

Poker odds is said to have factorial notation n! = n (n-1) (n-2) (n-3)….. Does it scare you? Well, it did scare me to the core! It is really a lot of confusing math scribbles. I will tell you it is not really easy arriving at 1999xxx combinations and probabilities. Poker odds are like hard nuts for a math allergic kid like me.

I discovered to use something called poker calculator to help me work out poker odds for I really hate all that binomial coefficients and calculating the number of thousands of unique hands in a 10 player table to be 3,948,xxx for a 52 card deck!

But using poker odds calculator at online tourneys and then proceeding with every move can disgust your co-players and make you feel odd before them.

I am okay with understanding the basics like A-A in hole cards is better than A with any other card, but when I will have to graduate further to calculate poker odds to place my chips, like arriving at possibilities of those face down cards.. I prefer just peeping in or grabbing the cards of my fellow players to have what they have, but that cannot happen isn’t it!

However, those were my psychological disposition towards calculating poker odds in by beginning games, but believe me I swear it was all possible at a later point in time!

No comments: