All about poker and Gaming for free... Free poker Articles and TIPS

Sunday, September 13, 2009

What is Texas Holdem?

What is Texas Holdem? Texas Holdem is lot of fun from my experiences. Initially, I was kind of confused. I knew the rules of the game, but applying it in the right place required some real losing. I made most of the blunders with comparing my pockets towards a poker with the community cards. I felt like a jester in the early days when the whole table laughed at how I missed many good pots.

In Texas Holdem there is a maximum of 4 bets allowed per player, which would include one bet per player followed by 3 raises in one betting round. I used to bet and make all the 3 raises with the worse of my hands! You know what I hoped, a better card in the next deal when the dealer used to deal the next set of street cards. It was later that I did come to know that the first two pocket cards can tell you the end of the story!

In my first days of Texas Holdem I thought folding before making any bet is an act of cowardice. Silly me! Folding when you have the worse pockets is the best ever move and I learnt it from experience. Too much of optimism can turn your chips to nothing. I started to play tight and sensible!

No comments: